We, humans, tend to reach back to nature now and then. Nature has healing properties which we fail to notice. In the present scenario, herbal medicines are gaining more popularity as an effective solution for various health conditions and are safe. Cloves (also called Laung) are spices that are aromatic dried flower buds used in Ayurveda as a medicine. Indians use clove to add flavor and smell to curries and biryani. Cloves are found mainly in India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Zanzibar, Madagascar, and Sri Lanka.
Clove is a reservoir of health benefits, you would be shocked to know more about its benefits and impact on our life.
Why should women use clove oil?
- Does wonders on your skin: Clove oil helps in exfoliating dead cells, prevents aging, reducing the wrinkles and sagging of skin. It also enhances the blood flow to revive the freshness of your skin and make it glow. This oil is included in soaps, perfumes, and lotions. Eugenol, with its antibacterial properties, removes impurities deposited in the skin, cures acne. Eugenol is rich in antioxidants. Mix the skin cream of your choice with 2 drops of clove oil and apply it over your face slowly in a circular motion. Do this twice a day for better results.
- Treats nausea: Pregnant women can use clove oil to reduce nausea. All you have to do is apply some oil to your pillow at night before sleeping. You will surely feel the change.
- Help your hair grow long: Massaging with clove oil increases blood circulation, reduces hair fall, dullness, and dryness of hair. Apply it on wet hair and wrap using a warm towel for 20 mins, wash it off using cold water.
- Eases stress and relieves pain: Clove helps you to reduce stress, anxiety, mental exhaustion, and fatigue, particularly during the menstrual period.
- Clove and oral health: Have you ever woke up with a toothache wondering how to cure it? Here’s a quick remedy for that. Take a clove and place it in the oral cavity where you are having pain. Keep it for a few minutes and experience its magical cure. Research has shown that plaque on teeth can be reduced by utilizing toothpaste or mouth rinse having clove as an ingredient.
- Reduce sweat from palms: You may have seen people with sweating palms( hyperhidrosis). Those persons can reduce this by applying clove oil on the palms for two weeks.
- Enhances blood circulation: Through blood circulation, clove oil boosts the immune system by reducing toxins in your blood and increasing antioxidant levels.
- Improves digestion: Clove fights indigestion, stomach-related issues, and treating gastric problems.
- Bone health: Clove has 55% DV(Daily Value) of Manganese, which is necessary for keeping up brain function and for healthy strong bones. Low bone density or Osteoporosis is common in adults, which can lead to breakage of bones and its weakness. Manganese has a major role in bone formation.
Useful for Diabetics: Nigericin, content present in clove can enhance the intake of sugar from the blood to cells and improve the secretion of insulin, which maintains the blood sugar level.