We all love green tea for its amazing health benefits that include boosting brain function to promoting weight loss! But the miraculous benefits of Green Tea on your skin and beauty we bet you didn’t know yet. The powerful antioxidants, Vitamin C and E in it have the potential to prevent skin damage and to deeply rejuvenate the skin from inside. That is why it’s often included as a key ingredient in top rated beauty and cosmetic products. Here is a quick read on the beauty secrets of Green Tea.
- Bye Bye Acne: Green tea has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties which are helpful in giving long lasting relief to your acne prone skin. Acne is the result of excess sebum clogging pores and bacterial growth. The powerful antioxidant EGCG, in green tea is effective in reducing sebum excretions in the skin. By reducing sebum, EGCG can slow down or stop the development of acne.
- Provides Youthful Skin: EGCG is also a potent anti-aging ingredient that combats signs of premature aging when ingested or applied topically. It can reduce the signs of sun damage, hyper pigmentation, rough texture, and fine lines.
- Controls Oil Production: Green tea reduces sebum production and this along with its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties makes it a suitable remedy for oily skin and related complexities
- Remedy to Puffy Eyes: Dark Circles and Puffy eyes may be worrying you and green tea can help shrink blood vessels around the eyes and thus work like a wonder in treating puffy eyes and dark circles. Thanks to its ‘Caffine’ and ‘Tannis’ content.
- Hydrates the Skin: The repertoire of vitamin B2 and vitamin E in green tea is essential for healthy skin. B2 plays a key role in maintaining collagen levels that keeps skin youthful structure and firm. Whereas Vitamin E supports new skin cell growth and also acts as an intense hydrator for dry or imbalanced skin.
- Tightens the Skin: Excess sebum often causes clogged and closed pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and acne and green tea- a natural astringent- is an ideal solution for all these problems. It also helps in easily removing dirt and grime from open pores and then swiftly tightens the freshly cleansed pores as well.
- Natural Cure for Skin infections: Often poor lifestyle leads to skin inflammation, with visible redness and irritation on skin. Applying products with green tea, or using a freshly brewed concoction on your skin topically, can be beneficial in this conditions.
- Best for Healthy Hair: In Addition to Skincare, green tea also provides Hair Care Benefits. Scalp is an extension of skin so green tea can be a potent ingredient for healthy hair as well. Applying green tea onto the hair as a final rinse is so good for softer, smoother, more nourished hair that is less prone to split ends.
How to Use it ?
Use it as a Toner: Brew green tea and let it cool. Dip some cotton wool in it and then apply it all over your face. It has great toning effect on your skin.
Excellent as a Scrub: Add a teaspoon of loose leaf green tea, with equal amount of the face wash you use. Stir in well, until you have what looks like a natural exfoliating scrub. Apply this evenly and scrub for exfoliation. Wash off and pat dry.
Green Tea Rinse: Use a mug of green tea to wash your cleansed and scrubbed face. This will help to tighten pores and get firmer look.
DIY Green Tea Face Pack: Create your own Green tea face packs by mixing it with yoghurt, milk, honey, and a variety of other ingredients.
Green Tea for Great Skin
Green Tea might be the favourite brew for you to kick start the day but we will tell you why you should start including them in your skincare regimen too. Click to get a quick read on the best kept beauty secrets of Green tea