Is there anything that bad to despise oily skin? Having a little bit of shine on your face is all fine. But its side effects are quite annoying. Extra oil can make your skin super-shiny, get your pores clogged, create breakouts and even turns your skin acne prone. In such conditions, over-the-counter products may be helpful but can damage your skin with long-term usage. Instead, you may try some home remedies that are effective and cause zero side effect on your skin. Here you’ll get to know about some home remedies for getting non-greasy, even looking skin tone.
Why too much Oil is Bad?
Everyone has natural oil in their skin produced by Sebaceous glands seen under the pores on skin. This actually helps your skin stay hydrated and healthy. But in some people, the sebaceous glands produce too much oil owe to genetic, environmental, climatical and lifestyle factors. And this can clog a person’s pores, causing the skin to become oily. Breakouts are also more likely because the sebum mixes with dead skin cells and gets stuck in your pores. With some simple home remedies, you may reduce the oily appearance of your skin.
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of Natural Honey may reduce the appearance of oily skin.
How to make the make Honey Mask?
- Spread a layer of honey on the face
- Leave for 10 minutes
- Wash it away with warm water
Ground Almonds are very effective in treating oily skin. Almond oil is known to have anti-hepatotoxicity and anti-inflammatory properties, that aid in deeply repairing the skin. It can also help in exfoliating the skin.
How to Make Almond Mask?
- Grind raw almonds into powder form
- Mix three tablespoons of it with two tablespoons of raw honey
- Apply the scrub on the face and scrub
- Wash off with warm water
Egg Whites with Lemon
Egg whites mixed with lemon can also be used as an effective face mask as it is believed to tighten the pores.
How to Make an Egg White & Lemon Mask?
- Add one teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice to one egg white
- Apply it and leave it on until the mask dries.
- Remove with lukewarm water.
Oatmeal & Honey
Oatmeal is very effective in absorbing excess oil and soothing the skin. You have to powder it for applying as a mask. So, this mask can also be used to exfoliate the skin. You may make the mixture combined in yogurt, papaya, honey, apples or bananas also.
How to make an Oatmeal & Honey Mask?
- Take 1/2 cup of ground oats
- Mix it with lukewarm water to form a paste.
- Add one tablespoon of honey
- Apply it on the face and massage for about three minutes
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with warm water, and pat dry.
Fuller’s Earth (Multtani Mitti)
Fuller's Earth, or Multani Mitti is a very effective home remedy for oily skin problems. It’s a healing clay that absorbs impurities like accumulated sebum, sweat, oil and dirt from the clogged pores. You may apply it mixed with Honey, Rose Water, Turmeric, Tomato, Sandalwood Powder or Yogurt.
How to Make a Rose Water & Multtani Mitti Mask?
- Put two tablespoons of Multani Mitti in a clean bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of Rosewater to form a smooth paste.
- With a clean brush, apply the paste evenly all over the face, avoiding the area around your eyes.
- Wait for 15 -20 minutes and allow it to dry naturally.
- Then rinse with lukewarm water and apply an oil-free, mild moisturizer.
- Use it twice a week for best results
How to Make an Aloe Vera Mask?
- Apply a thin layer of freshly extracted Aloe Vera Gel to your face before bedtime
- Leave it on until next morning
A plant oil widely used in sunscreens and moisturizers, Jojoba Oil has anti-inflammatory properties and is effective in treating oily skin. Though applying oil on oily skin may sound confusing, it can do magic on your skin. Only a little bit is enough.
How to make Jojoba Oil Mask?
- Clean the face with a mild cleanser
- Then you can either directly applyjojoba oil directly to the cleaned skin, or mix it with cream or another oil.
- Apply this a few days a week and if the results are satisfactory, apply it daily
Basic Skincare Tips for People with Oily Skin
- Wash your Face Regularly
- Only use “oil free” and “noncomedogenic” products that won’t clog your pores or cause acne.
- Always use a gentle, foaming face wash.
- Avoid oil-based or alcohol-based cleansers.
- Moisturize the skin everyday
- Remember to wear oil-free sunscreen when going outdoors.
- Make sure to wear oil-free, water-based makeup.
- Always remove makeup before sleeping.
- Use blotting papers all throughout the day.
- Stop touching your face throughout the day.