We all love the sweetness of Raisin or Kishmis as a garnishing that adds a great taste to dishes as varied as Biryani and Cereals to Cakes and Kheers. But do you really know the benefits of eating Raisins every day? And to maximize those benefits, you just need to soak it overnight and have it the next morning on empty stomach. Here, let’s have a look at the nutrient content of Raisins, and the magic it does to your overall wellness.
Soaking Raisins in Water Multiplies its Health benefits
While consuming raisins in their raw form has a number of health benefits, soaking them in water overnight and then eating them early morning on an empty stomach is considered even more healthy. These colourful, shrivelled morsels made of dried grape offer high nutritional value and soaking them in water actually increases the bio availability of its nutrients. The vitamins and minerals present in the outer skin and layer of Raisins dissolve in water and so the nutrients that would have otherwise passed through your body directly get absorbed through the raisin water as well. Additionally, soaking raisins in water also boosts its antioxidant content.
- Control Your Cravings: As they are full of natural sugars, Raisins can actually help the body to control its cravings without causinga caloryspike. So, it aids in your weight loss journey and will make you feel full for a longer time.
- Keeps you Immune Strong: The vitamin rich Raisins help to strengthen your immunity and makes the body less susceptible to infections. Besides the anti-inflammatory and the antibacterial properties of raisins also give you enough protection from many diseases.
- Natural cure for Anaemia: High amount of iron and B-complex vitamins in Raisins is good for people suffering from Anaemia. Also, the copper present in raisins helps in the production of red blood cells.
- Improves Digestion & Regulates Bowel Movement:Raisins have high fibre content and especially when soaked in water, they act as a natural laxative. Thus, eating soaked raisins can help in constipation and it is very beneficial for women in their pregnancy days. By regulating the bowel movements, the digestive system gets improved in general.
- Keeps Blood Pressure Under Control:Potassium in raisins can help you to balance the salt content in your body and that indirectly helps to regulate your blood pressure level.
- Strengthens Your Bones: Raisins are also packed with calcium which is very essential for bone strength. Eating soaked raisins helps in better absorption of the nutrients in Raisins and thus, improves overall bone density.
How to Have Raisins Soaked in Water?
Rinse 15-30 raisins in running water and add them to a cup of drinking water. Let them soak overnight and eat them the next morning on an empty stomach.