Walnuts are perhaps one of the most effective superfoods that can play a remarkable role in improving your health. This brain-shaped nuts are rich in fibre, vitamins, carbohydrates, protein and iron, which makes it a super healthy addition to your diet. Walnuts stand out for their phenomenal health benefits and this writing discusses them in brief.
Walnuts are round, single-seeded stone fruits that grow from the walnut tree. Beneath the husk of the walnut fruit is a wrinkly, brain-shaped nut, which is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Besides they also store heart healthy fats, protein, fibre, and vitamins in good quantities. All these nutrients are very much important for the ideal functioning of the body.
What Walnuts Can Do for You
- Helps to lower Cholesterol: Eating walnuts can help lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol in particular, but also lower your cholesterol overall. Cholesterol can form plaque inside your arteries, but eating walnuts can help keep your artery walls healthy.
- Nutrient Powerhouse:Walnuts are dense in nutrients and provide heart-healthy fats.The combination of healthy fats, protein, and fiber in walnuts helps to increase satisfaction and fullness, making them a perfect healthy snack.
- Good for Weight Management: The high fibre content in walnuts makes you feel fuller much after you have consumed a handful and thus helps to naturally reduce your food intake. And that way helps to induce weight loss.
- Gives Better Bone Health: Eating Walnuts daily can help to improve your bone health as they help with the increased absorption of calcium in the body. They also reduce the excretion of calcium during metabolic processes.
- Boosts Memory: Walnuts are a significant source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a plant-based omega-3 fatty acid with heart and brain-health benefits.This along with its high antioxidant content, the combination of numerous vitamins and minerals make Walnuts ideal for improving memory, concentration and information processing speed.
- Good for Digestion: Walnuts are fibre-rich. So, they are helpful in cleaning your gut and also help in detoxifying the body. They add bulk to the stool and relieves constipation.
- Gives Healthy Skin and Hair:Walnuts help in fighting the skin damaging free radicals. Regular consumption of walnuts can also be helpful in reducing under the eye dark circles. They also promote new hair growth and reduce hair thinning problems.
- Helpful in Pregnancy: Sufficient amounts of folates are very essential for the proper foetal growth in pregnant women. Walnuts being rich in Vitamin B complex helps with the healthy growth of the foetus.
How to Maximize the Benefits of Walnuts
Soaking them overnight and then consuming in the morning is one of the best ways to consume walnuts. When soaked, walnuts help in reducing the bad cholesterol in the body. Compared to the normal Walnuts, soaked Walnuts are also easier to digest, making it easier for your body to absorb the nutrients.
Take 2-4 pieces of walnuts and soak them in a cup of water overnight. Have them the first thing next morning.