From boosting immunity to treating cough, helping with weight loss to moisturizing skin, Honey has some amazing health benefits which most of us are aware of. But before purchasing this liquid gold, you need to know that it’s the Stingless Variety of Honey that has more of these nutritional and medicinal properties compared to another of its varieties. Stingless Bee Honey or Stingless Honey is produced by the smaller honey bees whose unique feature is that they are not stingers. In South Indian state of Kerala these bees are called by a different name called ‘Cheruthen Eecha’ (Small Bee) and the honey they make is known as ‘Cheruthen’ (Small Bee Honey). Like regular honey, Stingless Bee Honey also is the product of flower nectar transformed by bees, as if through an alchemy. But it differs in terms of its color, taste and viscosity. And for the many valuable virtues of Honey that our Grandmothers extolled, Stingless Bee Honey even today enjoys the trust of people as ‘The Mother of Medicine ‘, irrespective of their generational differences.
Designed and Designated by Nature
Medicinal Flora is a boon from Mother Nature and there are many notable medicinal herbs and shrubs that possess a vast variety of organic compounds of therapeutic efficacy. It is observed that the flowers of many of these antibacterial and anti-fungal medicinal shrubs and herbs are usually very small. So, the normal honey bees, which are much bigger in size, usually fail in their attempts to get inside these flowers for taking away the nectar and pollen. Instead, they visit the bigger flowers in the pesticide and chemical laden fruit orchards, and this adversely affects the quality of honey they produce. Whereas the small size of stingless bees helps them to feed on these tiny medicinal flowers, giving it the medicinal values that make Stingless Honey superior to normal honey. Stingless honey bees make honey from the nectar of flowers by a sequential process of swallowing, regurgitation and evaporation. The formed honey is then stored in honeycombs as a source of food. The delicious sweet flavour of honey is from the essential mixture of sugar, amino acids, vitamins, some trace enzymes and minerals.
Twice as Good as Ordinary Honey
Medicinal qualities of stingless bee honey or ‘Cheruthen’ is mentioned in Ayurvedic texts and other medical journals. Owe to these magical nutritional contents itself, it is considered twice as nutritious as ordinary honey. Alongside water and sugars as the major contents, it is also known to be rich in vitamins, enzymes, anti-oxidants, amino acids, and various minerals. Its high sugar concentration also makes it one the most outstanding natural sources of energy popular among athletes and fitness professionals. Other than being used as an all-natural source of energy, Stingless Bee Honey also helps in absorption of calcium and magnesium retention which may contribute to stronger bone and better dental calcification.It is fat-free, cholesterol-free, sodium-free and that’s why it is rightly called nature’s sweet nectar.
Nature’s Cure for Many Health Conditions
A glass of lukewarm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a spoonful of Stingless Bee Honey; back in the olden and golden times, it was with this healthy concoction, our ancestors used to kick-start their mornings. Like this there were many other home remedies and secret preparations that had one easy to guess ingredient for sure and that’s the wonderous Stingless Bee Honey. It has been used to prevent and treat a variety of ailments since years ago. And over the time, it has become a fundamental part of Ayurvedic Medicine and a functional food, credited with many therapeutic values. From infants to grownups, this not-so-sweet variety of honey serves as one of the safest and side effect free natural medication. Read on to know its health benefits.
- Wound Healing: Antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties of Stingless Honey make it an ideal active element for treating wounds.
- Anti-diabetic: Stingless Honey along with other medicinal plants contain many bioactive compounds that were used traditionally and are still being used as alternative to treat diabetes
- Anti-cancerous: As described by many scientific evidences, it is considered as a great chemo-preventive agent.
- Effects on Fertility: It has been shown to portray positive effects on fertility by means of enhancing the hormones related to fertility
- Natural Energy Booster: Natural sugars in Stingless Honey even prevent fatigue during exercise, so it is also good for improving athletic performance.
- Treats Cough & Symptoms of Fever: Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, Stingless Honey not only soothes the throat, but also kills certain bacteria which cause the infection.
- Improves Sleep: By releasing Serotonin a Neurotransmitter, Stingless honey improves the quality and length of sleep
- For Immunity: It is also a powerhouse of antioxidants, which are very effective for the removal of free radicals from the body.
- Prevents Heart Diseases: Consumption of Stingless Honey increases polyphonic antioxidants in the blood which helps prevent heart diseases.
- Aids Weight Loss: It is believed that drinking warm water with Stingless Honey and a splash of lime in the morning is an effective anti-cellulite treatment, as it helps to increase body metabolism.
- Provides relief against ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis: Honey from Stingless honey bees are advised for the treatment of ulcers and bacterial gut infections.
- For Fabulous Skin: Stingless Honey is a fantastic moisturiser and works wonders on patches of dry skin.
Fresh from the Beehive
Normal honey bees can produce up to 40 times more honey than stingless bees. The average honey production by a stingless bee colony is about 350 grams to 1kg of honey in a year. This makes the honey from stingless bees more expensive and rarer, accessible only to the expert beekeepers in the tribal communities of Western Ghats, who know the techniques to collect the honey without disturbing the bees. Law India’s 100% pure and organic Stingless Honey is collected from these expert Honey Hunting Tribes. We have great respect and responsibility towards them and over all these years, our relationship has grown into a familial bond only because of which Law India’s promise of providing pure and safe products to our customers gets always delivered.
LAW India Stingless Honey is all natural, raw, untreated, unheated, unfiltered and unprocessed. It is just as pure as when stored inside those beehives. Free of any artificial additives, colouring agents or preservative, you can realise its distinguishable flavour at once you open the pack. Though the colour & flavour of Honey depends directly on the source of the nectar, it generally a lighter color and a higher water content which also contributes to its less cloying taste. Follow the link www.weaveskart.com to purchase it from Law India’s Exclusive Online Shopping Platform. You may also purchase it from www.amazon.in and www.flipkart.com. Brick and Mortar Store is also located in Trivandrum, Kerala.