- Nilavilakku is a special kind of Lamp used mainly Indian Kerala and Tamil Nadu. In Malayalam and Tamil, Nilam means Ground and Vilakku means Lamp. Nilavilakku is a important part of Several Hindu ceremonies in Kerala. It is a special type of lamp, with oil and a piece of cotton wick in it with one or more steps or levels.
- Specification:Material-Brass;Height-3 feet;Weight of single lamp-25.50 kg
- We are assuring that there will not be any leakage within the material.For the convenience of shipping we will dismantle the nilavilakku or samay into different parts.
- NOTE-Oil should not be poured into the vilaku from its top( Koomb/head).It should be done through any of the sides.Use good quality oil such as sesame or coconut along with a cotton wick.
- On account of its bright, golden color, the brass material has been widely accepted in home designs. However, brass may become dull and tarnished over time. A good piece will last for very long time even generations with a little care and maintenance. To ensure this , Keep your lamp clean, neat and dry when not in use.To regain its shining rub with a mixture of lemon and salt or tamarind or metal shining powders like pithambari or liquid like dara, brasso available easily in local market.