- Our brindle berry whole is processed in traditional way. Sourced from the organically grown trees and sundried in a hygienic environment.
- Used as an ingredient in a wide variety of cuisines for its distinctive sourness. Used as a souring agent in several Kerala and Konkan dishes. It also gives added flavor and promotes digestion. It is used in several ayurvedic medicines. It is also known as a best weight loss agent
- It is sourced from the organic and fair traded farmers’ networks in Northern Kerala.100% Pure and natural. No additives or preservatives added. Free from pesticides and other chemical impurities.
- We also sell solar dryer dried Garcinia powder and also extract taken from its seeds
- A premium quality spice from the house of ‘LAW of spices’
Brindleberry is known as kudampuli or Malabar tamarind. Brindle berry trees are grown in many homes across Kerala for its fruit. Dried brindle berries are an inevitable part of seafood delicacies of Kerala cuisine. Surplus ripe fruits from reliable cultivators are collected, seeded and sun dried under hygienic conditions till the yellowish rind turns black and leathery. These are then packed with exceptional care to be delivered for our valuable clients. The rind of the brindle berry fruit is used to flavor curries and to preserve food. Its sourness blends well with spicy curries adding a distinctive flavor and aroma to them.
The fruit extracts has become an inevitable ingredient in some weight loss products owing to its hydro citric acid content. Brindle berry fruit extract has been used in the preparation of various ayurvedic medicines for treating stomach related disorders and to boost metabolism. There has also been speculations about the fruits’ ability to regulate cholesterol and to enhance immune system.
Homestead Spices from Western Ghats
Homestead Spices from God’s own country - Kerala – LAW India proudly introduces “HOMESTEAD SPICES” collected from the fair trade and organic farmers of hilly areas of Western Ghats that have already set a unique geographical advantage of producing the world’s best quality spices for centuries. The main products under this category are Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Dried raw ginger, dried raw turmeric, Turmeric powder, Brindle berry, Wild honey etc. It can be ensured that each and every product in this category is free from any kind of chemical contamination or pesticides, though they are not officially certified organic products. All of these products are strictly grown for domestic use and not for any commercial purpose, where only the surplus is collected and traditionally processed from collection to drying to packing. We promise you the same legacy of god’s own country through our best quality homestead spices.