- Weight:2.0 kg ;Diameter of cylindrical part (kutti): 6 cm;Cylinder Length:14 cm Pot Height:13 cm;Full Height:32 cm Full Width:13 cm;1000 ml water can hold in this bronze pot
- Puttu Kudam/Puttukutty/Puttu steamer is one of a traditionally used cookware made of bronze and used to cook food with the use of steam. Food gets cooked from the hot steam. Steaming enables food materials to keep their natural flavour, colour, shape, and nutritious value better than boiling and simmering.
- Can make a normal healthy traditional puttu.Bronze is a good source of copper and tin as well as good for the human body since copper and tin are essential elements needed for the human body’s health. It is good for producing the oligodynamic effect, which kills the bacteria since both copper and tin are oligodynamic metals.Also, it is tough to destroy as it reacts passively to oxidation.Using bronze ,only 3% of food nutrients will be lost while cooking.
- Can be used in modern stove.Flat bottom ensures even distribution of heat .Consumes less fuel.Above all, the durability of urli is very high there is no need of replacing it yearly
- A good piece will last for very long time even generations with a little care and maintenance. To ensure this , Keep your vessel clean, neat and dry when not in use. If you are using to serve food, wash with a mild soap solution using a soft brush and wipe with a cotton cloth after use. To regain its shining rub with a mixture of lemon and salt or tamarind or metal shining powders like pithambari or liquid like dara, brasso available easily in local market.