- Finest graded Dry Birds Eye Chilli - Homestead spice from organic farmer’s network in Wayanad.
- 100% Natural, Organically Grown, fair traded and ethically sourced from Western Ghats of Kerala, the world’s best quality Kanthari Chilli are growing in this ancient mountain region. Our Dried Kanthari Chilli is Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten-free premium Gourmet Grade Spice.
- Handpicked, hygienically packed, No added colours, preservatives, additives or chemicals
- Traditional spice in a variety of cuisines. Hotness range from 50,000- 1,00,000 SHU( Scoville heat units). Has medicinal properties including the capacity to reduce hypertension and cholesterol.
- ABOUT US: This is a premium quality spice from the house of ‘LAW of Spices’. LAW India is an ethical and sustainable brand that promotes only organic and pesticide-free, Desi-spices. We are selling pesticide-free, chemical-free, Non- GMO, Non-ETO, Vegan, Non-irradiated and Gluten-free spices whole/powders under our brand.
Dried Kanthari Chilli Powder Chilies are an inevitable part of cuisines in most of the cultures. Bird’s eye chili (Thai chili) or kanthari mulaku (malayalam) is a cultivar from the species capsicum annum. The bird’s eye chili plant is a perennial bearing tiny, a conical fruit which are either green or red. Since it is a traditional spice in Kerala cuisine, the plant is very common in the kitchen yards of many homes in Kerala. Homestead bird eye chilies from reliable sources are collected, cleaned, sun dried, ground and packed with exceptional care so that they can set your taste buds ablaze with their fiery flavor.
Being one of the hottest chillies available, there is a high demand for them in local as well as foreign markets. A lot of other varieties of chillies may be available in the market but an avid chilli fan can never compromise on the spiciness of kanthari mulaku for anything else. Like any other chilli powder it is used in a wide variety of Indian cuisine for adding spiciness to chutneys, pickles and curries. Bird’s eye chili is also valued for its medicinal properties. It is believed to reduce hypertension and bad cholesterol. Kanthari chillies are using in curries and other food items, kanthari chilli have medicine values. Kanthari contains vitamin A,B, C and E and minerals. Kanthari contains antioxidants and it can control the cholesterol level. This has the ability to reduce blood pressure, cholesterol and other heart ailments. We can use this type of chillies in our curries instead of green chillies.