- Package Contents: Whole Chinese Star Anise Pods, Dried Anise Star Spice (Botanical Name: Illicium verum). Each one of our star anise whole is handpicked and carefully sorted. Hygienically packed in aluminum coated paper pouches. We also sell premium quality star anise, single origin in glass jar.
- Our handpicked star anise whole is 100% Natural, Non- GMO, No Preservatives and Artificial Colors, Vegan & Premium Gourmet grade spice. Star Anise whole has a licorice like taste and aroma. Inevitable ingredient in spice blends. We don’t sell or promote any oil extracted spices as it is very common in the market.
- Star Anise is widely used to flavor biriyani, meat dishes and a key ingredient in spice blend garam masala. It is used to flavour vegetables and to marinate meat dishes. Also used as a flavouring agent for soups and masala teas.
- Popularly used in Asian dishes, especially in 5-spice powder. Star anise is an inevitable ingredient in Chinese dishes.
- A premium quality spice from the house of ‘LAW of spices’
NB: We also introduced economy pouches of the same product (From 500 gm to 10 kg and save your money considerably. The product would be packed in plain aluminum coated paper pouches. If you are still looking for customized orders, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Star anise (chakri phool) is the fruit of the tree, Illicium verum. It is rust-colored, star-shaped and has six to eight pointed tips containing small seeds. It has been used as a medicinal and culinary agent around the world for ages. Its licorice like taste and aroma and pleasing aftertaste is what makes it special. It is widely used in Chinese, Vietnamese, and Indonesian and Indian cuisines. Star Anise is an ingredient in the Chinese Five Spice Powder and also in the Indian spice blend (garam masala).In India its distinctive flavor and aroma is relished in biryani and masala chai.
It is used as a condiment in the preparation of curries, confectionaries and pickles. It has high medicinal value and is rich in antioxidants and Vitamins A and C. It also possesses antifungal and antibacterial properties. It helps to relieve abdominal pain, digestive issues and nausea. Star anise is quite effective in easing sore throats and colds. Star anise is also an ingredient in many skincare and dental products. Due to its distinctive aroma it is also used in perfumery.