- Our Long Pepper powder made from the best quality organically grown, single origin, from a fair traded and organic certified farmer in Wayanad in Kerala. We provide source certification details as per demand
- Our long pepper powder is free from additives, pesticides, preservatives or colour enhancing agents. No oil taken. Non- GMO, Vegan, Gluten free, Non-irradiated. Solar dried, hand-picked and hygienically packed in glass jars.
- Indian long pepper belongs to pepper family. It has many medicinal properties and widely used in ayurvedic medicines. It improves appetite, digestion, stomachache and diarrhea. It is also used for lung problems such as asthma, bronchitis, cough, throat pain and fever. It is good for weight loss. It has good anti-septic and anti-biotic properties
- NB: We also introduced economy pouches of the same product (From 500 gm to 10 kg and save your money considerably. The product would be packed in plain aluminium coated paper pouches. If you are still looking for customized orders, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A premium quality spice from the house of ‘LAW of Spices’
The product is the fruit a flowering vine piper longum. It also goes by the name Indian Long Pepper or pippali (thippali in Malayalam). The sun dried ripe fruit of the vine is valued as a spice as well as an essential ingredient in ayurvedic medicines. Though similar to black pepper in taste it is much spicier and aromatic than that. It is used along with other spices to make spice blends. Can be used as spice in vegetable pickles and add flavor to rasam, a favourite South Indian soup. Its flavor complements meats and cheese and would be delicious in curries and stews.
How to store homestead spices whole and powders
As all our whole spices and spice powders are free of any kind of preservatives chances are there for them to catch white patches or fungus if exposed to even a little bit of moisture. Here are some tips to store them fresh longer.
- Always keep the products in an airtight jar away from moisture.
- You can transfer a little from the pack to a small airtight jar and can keep the rest in refrigerator.
- You can transfer the product into a clean paper or (muram) in direct sunlight for half an hour and put them back in container.
- Buy according to your usage. There are products available in 50g, 100g and 500g packs.
- Sautee the spices in a pan on low flame just before putting them to curry so as to get nice aroma
For those who want to know more about our farming community and their lifestyle, we would be happy to arrange farm tour. They can visit our farmers across India, learn traditional farming techniques, work in farms and stay with them as part of farm tour. To know more, e-mail to us at email@example.com