- 100% Pure Premium Quality Star Anise Whole/ Anis étoilé/ Anís Estrella do/Anice Stellato/Sternanis/Alyansun/ Bājiǎo
- Single Origin, Farm Direct Produce & organically grown following the rules of permaculture, this produce is grown and secured without harming the natural ecosystem
- Exotic Star anise is known to have anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and wellbeing advancing properties. Anise seed oil got from the extraction of the seeds is discovered application in numerous conventional drugs as stomachic, hostile to septic, carminative, energizer and tonic.
- Star anise is an ingredient of the traditional five-spice powder. This premium quality Star Anise from the Western Ghats region is collected, sun-dried and packed in flavour lock containers to keep their aroma intact.
- A premium quality, limited edition product from ‘LAW of Spices’ division of LAW India
Star anise (chakriphool) is the fruit of the tree, Illicium verum. It is rust-colored, star-shaped and has six to eight pointed tips containing small seeds. It has been used as a medicinal and culinary agent around the world for ages. Its licorice like taste and aroma and pleasing aftertaste is what makes it special. It is widely used in Chinese, Vietnamese, and Indonesian and Indian cuisines. Star Anise is an ingredient in the Chinese Five Spice Powder and also in the Indian spice blend (garam masala). In India its distinctive flavor and aroma is relished in biryani and masala chai. It is used as a condiment in the preparation of curries, confectionaries and pickles.
It has high medicinal value and is rich in antioxidants and Vitamins A and C. It also possesses antifungal and antibacterial properties. It helps to relieve abdominal pain, digestive issues and nausea. Star anise is quite effective in easing sore throats and colds. Star anise is also an ingredient in many skincare and dental products. Due to its distinctive aroma it is also used in perfumery.