- Our brindleberry powder is processed from the organically grown Malabar tamarind trees and sundried in a hygienic environment and we make powder from our in-house facility
- Used as an ingredient in a wide variety of cuisines for its distinctive sourness. Used as a souring agent in several Kerala and Konkan dishes. It also gives added flavor and promotes digestion. It is used in several ayurvedic medicines. It is also known as a best weight loss agent
- It is sourced from the organic and fair traded farmers’ networks in Northern Kerala. 100% Pure and natural. No additives or preservatives added. Free from pesticides and other chemical impurities.
- We also sell solar dryer dried Garcinia wholes and also extract taken from its seeds
- A premium quality spice powder from the house of ‘LAW of spices’
Premium quality brindleberry powder from the house of ‘LAW of spices’ is processed from the organically grown Malabar tamarind trees and sundried in a hygienic environment and we make powder from our in-house facility. It’s used in a wide variety of cuisines for its distinctive sourness in Kerala and Konkan dishes.
Brindleberry is known as “kudampuli” or Malabar tamarind. Brindleberry trees are grown in many homes across Kerala for their fruit. Dried brindle berries are an inevitable part of the seafood delicacies of Kerala cuisine. Surplus ripe fruits from reliable cultivators are collected, seeded and sun-dried under hygienic conditions till the yellowish rind turns black and leathery. These are then packed with exceptional care to be delivered for our valuable clients. The rind of the brindle berry fruit is used to flavour curries and to preserve food. Its sourness blends well with spicy curries adding a distinctive flavour and aroma to them.
Fruit extracts have become an inevitable ingredient in some weight loss products owing to their hydro citric acid content. Brindle berry fruit extract has been used in the preparation of various ayurvedic medicines for treating stomach related disorders and to boost metabolism. There have also been speculations about the fruits’ ability to regulate cholesterol and enhance the immune system.
Homestead Spices from the Western Ghats
Homestead Spices from God’s own country - Kerala – LAW India proudly introduces “HOMESTEAD SPICES” collected from the fair trade and organic farmers of hilly areas of the Western Ghats that have already set a unique geographical advantage of producing the world’s best quality spices for centuries. The main products under this category are Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Dried raw ginger, dried raw turmeric, Turmeric powder, Brindle berry, Wild honey etc. It can be ensured that each and every product in this category is free from any kind of chemical contamination or pesticides, though they are not officially certified organic products. All of these products are strictly grown for domestic use and not for any commercial purpose, where only the surplus is collected and traditionally processed from collection to drying to packing. We promise you the same legacy of god’s own country through our best quality homestead spices.