- Package Contents: Special Graded White Peppercorns. We are not using any chemical process to make white pepper. Only handmade and mechanical process is applied
- We make special grade White Pepper from the special graded Malabar Black pepper undried one, sourced from a fair traded and organic certified farmer based in Wayanad, Kerala. Made in small batches. No oil extracted spice is used for making powder.
- White pepper whole is used for almost all types of food in all cultures. It is the essential ingredients for all non-vegetarian food. It is used as a seasoning or used in dressings for salads, chicken, or fish, also used in white sauce
- We also make Black Pepper Powder, Crushed Black Pepper, White Pepper Powder, Special graded Tellichery Black, Pepper, Pepper in brine and dehydrated green Pepper
- About us: This is a premium quality value added spice from the house of ‘LAW of spices’. LAW India is an ethical and sustainable brand that promotes only organic and pesticide free spices. We are selling pesticide free, chemical free, Non- GMO, Non-ETO, Vegan, Gluten free spices whole/powdered under our brand.
Whole White Pepper
Both black pepper and white pepper are the berries of the same plant, piper nigrum. To obtain the slightly yellowish nearly globular white pepper (vellakurumulagu, safedmirch) ,the outer skin of the ripe or mature berries has to be removed. This homestead spice is collected and the outer skin is rinsed off bytraditional retting method. In retting the berries are soaked in water for a few days to soften their outer skin which is then rinsed off using running water. The washed berries are then sun-dried and packed with utmost care so that their flavor lasts longer.The flavor of white pepper is subtle and earthy compared to black pepper.White pepper also has some amazing medicinal properties. It is believed to be effective in treating digestive problems, dental issues, minor headaches, cold and cough. Capsaicin, an active ingredient in weight loss medicines is present in white pepper. Being a rich source of minerals like magnesium, copper and manganese, it also helps in boosting bone strength