- Package Contents: Special Graded White Pepper Whole. We are not using any chemical process to make white pepper. Only handmade and mechanical process is applied
- We make special grade White Pepper from the special graded Malabar Black pepper undried one, sourced from a fair traded and organic certified farmer based in Wayanad, Kerala. Made in small batches. No oil extracted spice is used for making powder.
- White pepper /powder is used for almost all types of food in all cultures. It is the essential ingredients for all non-vegetarian food. It is used as a seasoning or used in dressings for salads, chicken, or fish, also used in white sauce. Use in potatoes, gravies, soups, stews, sauces etc. Common in Chinese and Thai cuisine. It can be replaced with black pepper whenever needed
- We also make Black Pepper Powder, Crushed Black Pepper, Crushed White Pepper, Special graded Tellichery Black, Pepper, Pepper in brine and dehydrated green Pepper
- About us: This is a premium quality value added spice from the house of ‘LAW of spices’. LAW India is an ethical and sustainable brand that promotes only organic and pesticide free spices. We are selling pesticide free, chemical free, Non- GMO, Non-ETO, Vegan, Gluten free spices whole/powdered under our brand.
Whole White Pepper
Both black pepper and white pepper are the berries of the same plant, piper nigrum. To obtain the slightly yellowish nearly globular white pepper (vellakurumulagu, safed mirch) ,the outer skin of the ripe or mature berries has to be removed. This homestead spice is collected and the outer skin is rinsed off by traditional retting method. In retting the berries are soaked in water for a few days to soften their outer skin which is then rinsed off using running water. The washed berries are then sun-dried and packed with utmost care so that their flavor lasts longer.The flavor of white pepper is subtle and earthy compared to black pepper.White pepper also has some amazing medicinal properties. It is believed to be effective in treating digestive problems, dental issues, minor headaches, cold and cough. Capsaicin, an active ingredient in weight loss medicines is present in white pepper. Being a rich source of minerals like magnesium, copper and manganese, it also helps in boosting bone strength
HOMESTEAD SPICES ’ is our latest initiative, designed to ensure that customers have easy and ready access to pesticide-free spices and other natural food products. ‘Homestead spices’ are sourced directly from organic farmers and fair trade farmers’ networks. These small and marginal farmers from the hillsides of the Western Ghats have been known throughout history as producers of the best quality spices. The main products under this category are Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Ginger, Turmeric, Brindle Berry, Allspice, Long Pepper, Arrowroot Powder, Tamarind, Wild Turmeric, Red Sandalwood, Coffee, Tea, Cashew, Wild Honey, Dried fruits etc. Homestead spices can attest that each and every product in this category is free from any kind of chemical contamination or pesticides. These, however, are not officially certified as organic products. these products are strictly grown for domestic use and not for any commercial purpose where only the surplus is collected and traditionally processed from collection to drying to packaging. We promise you the same legacy of ‘God's own country' through our best quality homestead spices.