- Our mace powder is 100% Natural, Organic, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten free, non-irradiated premium Gourmet Food Grade Spice powder
- We source mace and nutmeg from an organic and fair traded farmer in Wayand district of Kerala. This is organically certified and ethically sourced. Authentic source certification details can be shared as per demand.
- Our mace powder is made from handpicked, manually sorted and hygienically processed mace as per international quality standards. (It is also exported to EU and US). We don’t sell oil extracted nutmeg or mace powder
- Ground mace can be sprinkled in desserts and baked products like custards, puddings, fruit dishes, biscuits, cakes and bread. It is also used in flavouring curries, pickles, sauces, stews and dishes like biryani
- A premium quality spice powder from the house of ‘LAW of spices’
Nutmeg is an aromatic spice, cultivated from the nutmeg tree is native to moluccas (Indonesia). Now it is grown in India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Granada, China, Malaysia, Zanzibar, Mauritius, and Solomon island. Nutmeg is known as jaiphal in hindi, jajikayi in telugu, jaadhikai in tamil, jathikka in malayalam, and jeerake in kannada. Nutmeg help treat leukemia, and it is a wonderful source of magnesium that helps to treat insomnia and restlessness at night. Mace is very good for digestive system healthy, Appetite, Blood Circulation. Kidneys, cold and Cough. Mace is also good for diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomachaches etc.
Homestead Spices from Western Ghats
Homestead Spices from God’s own country – Kerala – LAW India proudly introduces ‘HOMESTEAD SPICES’ collected from the fair trade and organic farmers of hilly areas of Western Ghats that have already set a unique geographical advantage of producing the world’s best quality spices for centuries. The main products under this category are Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Dried raw ginger, dried raw turmeric, Turmeric powder, Brindle berry, Wild honey etc. It can be ensured that each and every product in this category is free from any kind of chemical contamination or pesticides, though they are not officially certified organic products. All of these products are strictly grown for domestic use and not for any commercial purpose, where only the surplus is collected and traditionally processed from collection to drying to packing. We promise you the same legacy of god’s own country through our best quality homestead spices.
How to store homestead spices whole and powders
As all our whole spices and spice powders are free of any kind of preservatives chances are there for them to catch white patches or fungus if exposed to even a little bit of moisture. Here are some tips to store them fresh longer.
- Always keep the products in an airtight jar away from moisture.
- You can transfer a little from the pack to a small airtight jar and can keep the rest in refrigerator.
- You can transfer the product into a clean paper or (muram) in direct sunlight for half an hour and put them back in container.
- Buy according to your usage. There are products available in 50g, 100g and 500g packs.
- Sautee the spices in a pan on low flame just before putting them to curry so as to get nice aroma
For those who want to know more about our farming community and their lifestyle, we would be happy to arrange farm tour. They can visit our farmers across India, learn traditional farming techniques, work in farms and stay with them as part of farm tour. To know more, e-mail to us at [email protected]