- WHAT IS UPPERI CHIPS: Sharkkara Varatti is a thick- sliced raw plantain chips, coated with organic jaggery. It’s the special dish in any Kerala style feast. It is made with unripe plantain, but jaggery would be added so that it is sweet.
- CONTENTS: Raw Plantain Chips, coated with jaggery – (Homemade/ Prepared by Housewives/ Wood pressed Organic coconut oil used/ Latest Batch/Made in small Batches/Organically grown ingredients/Hygienically Packed/No – Pesticides, Additives, Flavours or Taste Enhancers added/Low Shell life
- INGREDIENTS: Raw Banana, Rock salt, Coconut oil and Jaggery – We use wood pressed organic coconut oil for making Upperi Chips. Used oil will not be used again. Banana is selected from organic farms planted by women led farming network in Kerala. Only Nendran, a local popular variety is used for making chips
- HOW TO PREPARE: We remove the skin of plantain and slice it into small pieces. Then we wash it in water to remove stains and other impurities on banana during peeling. Then we wash it in distilled water. This banana is kept for sometime to reduce water content on the chips. After this we coat raw jaggery paste on banana. Then we fry it in 100 % pure wood pressed coconut oil.
- HOW DO WE SHIP: We make our banana chips only after placing an order and once chips are made, it would be shipped within 8-12 hours. We ensure that our chips would be reached into your hands in 3-4 days. It’s shelf life is maximum 60 days. But enjoy our chips within this period, as shelf life of coconut oil used snacks are very less.