- Ingredients: 100% Pure Wild Honey – Raw, Unprocessed, Unfiltered & Unpasteurized wild Honey from experienced honey collecting tribes from the Western Ghats region of Kerala. This wild forest honey comes from the nectar of wildflowers & wild trees of Kerala Forests. As it is collected from deep forests, there is no traces of pollution, pesticide residues and antibiotics.
- Ethically sourced, Raw, Unprocessed, Unfiltered & Unpasteurized Forest honey
- It is ethically sourced and ‘CRUELTY FREE HONEY’; no bee is being harmed during honey harvesting period by the tribals. Generally wild honey is taken after killing the bees and then hives are destroyed. We don’t source such honey and our tribesmen are trained not to harm wild bees and their ecosystems
- No Preservatives, No Artificial Flavors, No Additives & No Colours added in our raw wild honey
- Raw honey is a natural immunity booster and weight loosing agent. Good remedy for various diseases. It is good for digestion, boost immunity, relieves cough and cold
- Raw Honey sourced from the forest is having high amount of amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, bee pollens and anti-oxidants. Powerful natural anti-oxidants in wild honey protect against stress & toxins
- Flavour, taste, colour and density of the raw unprocessed honey may vary due to flowering time and according to climatic conditions. Honey obtained during summer would be entirely different in rainy season/winter period
- Raw honey has a tendency to crystalise due to naturally found wax and bee pollens. It is a quite natural phenomenon. If you find crystalisation on the bottom of the honey jar, keep it in sun or keep the jar in hot water for 10-15 minutes, then it will be in normal state. If crystalisation process not happening, it is not pure raw honey.
RAW WILD HONEY: As indicated BY the name, wild honey is collected from wild bee hives. The members of the genus Apis are distinguished for the production and storage of honey. Apiscerana, Apisflorea, Apisdorsat, and Trigona are the four types of honeybees found in the forests of Kerala.
Honey harvesting from wild bee colonies has been a traditional practice and means of livelihood for many tribes in Kerala. Such wild honey is directly collected and made available to our valuable customers in its purest form. Most of the time, the honey which is available in the market is processed and hence robbed of its nutrients. But our product is raw and hence retains all the nutrients. Since antiquity, humans have been consuming honey both as a food and as a natural remedy for various ailments. Apart from fructose and glucose honey also contains amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. It has cardioprotective, antioxidant, antihypertensive, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. In Ayurveda, honey is considered good for healthy skin, teeth, and gums.
It is also considered effective in treating digestive disorders, irritating cough, sore throat, skin disorders and anemia. It is also used as an alternative sweetener for healthy beverages and desserts. Wild Honey (Forest Honey) is the rarest honey-variety available in India. looms & weaves brings you a very good opportunity to buy forest honey online. Our wild Honey is made by bees that collect nectar from the wild flowers in the dense forests of Western Ghats of Kerala. This Honey is harvested from the forests of north Kerala. It is dark in colour with a strong taste and aroma.