- This is the traditional way of making coconut oil with hand. This is best for your skin and hair care. It is the most expensive method too.
- It is a moisturizer, rich in anti-oxidants, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Handmade hot processed virgin coconut oil has not only been used for skincare, especially for babies and mothers post-partum, but has been used as the base for Ayurvedic preparations. The presence of lauric acid in coconut oil aids immunity, which in turn helps the human body combat infections including certain skin conditions.
- Caprylic acid and capric acid, found in coconut, also have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. “The lauric acid found in coconut milk makes it nutritious and palatable. Caprylic acid is also found in breast milk. Handmade virgin Coconut oil is part of many Ayurvedic oils and lehyams.
- Its primary property is cleansing, its natural anti-oxidant profile makes it skin food. The natural vitamin E profile of coconut is very different from store-bought vitamin E. Thenga ventha velichenna, (Hot pressed virgin coconut oil) is extracted from cooked coconut milk, is the result of an elaborate process. In the old days, every house had a bharani (ceramic jar) full of ventha velichenna. Post-partum application of this oil reduces stretch marks, and is also good for nursing mothers.
- HOW TO USE -For Adults: Take 2-4 table spoons and apply on hair and skin, keep for 15-20 minutes and then bath. Use it once in 2-3 days regularly. For Kids: Take 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil and massage all over the body. Again massage after 20-30 minutes. Then wash after 30 minutes. Use it once in 2 days.
How to make handmade Virgn Coconut Oil
Handmade virgin coconut oil (Urukku Velichenna/Ventha Velichenna), is an age old health and beauty care product preserving all the essential nutrients of coconut and it is considered as pure as mothers milk, prepared from the milk of matured and organically grown coconuts. This is the traditional way of making coconut oil with hand. This is made from organic coconuts and the entire process of making this coconut oil is handmade only. This is the most difficult way of coconut oil making as virgin coconut oil making now are completely machine processed and now nobody makes this way of processing virgin coconut oil due to its time consuming process. It is prepared only in traditional Kerala brass vessel.
This is a heat treated oil preserving more phenolic content that helps strong anti oxidant property that keeps skin and hair healthy and more youthful. Urukku Velichenna is highly recommended for baby massage and also for newly born infants. This was mentioned in ayurveda as a medicine for many skin diseases and beauty care uses. Traditionally ayurvedic medicine was prepared only with Venda Velichenna (Uruku velichenna). Virgin coconut oil extracted by hot process contained more phenolic substances than the coconut oil extracted under cold process. Process of making Urukku Velichenna Velichenna Select 40 best quality and organic coconuts. If you need 1 litre, please cut 40 coconuts. Squeeze coconut nicely and filter with hand woven cotton cloth Use traditional Kerala brass vessel only (Uruli) for making this. Keep it in fire, use slow and steady flame. Please make sure that the milk is constantly stirred After sometime the milk will now slowly into oil. This oil has a lot of moisture and this has to be reduced again, then only it will be kept for longer period of time. Better to keep stirring it. This entire process will take approx 5 to 6 hours.