- Lakadong turmeric is having the highest curcumin content; considered as the best turmeric in the world. Earlier it was Alleppey finger turmeric from Kerala.
- It has a distinct aromatic flavor and light brown colour compared to ordinary varieties of turmeric, Minimum curcumin content of lakadong turmeric is 8%.
- Handpicked turmeric is sorted and washed three to four times, then slice it into small pieces, sun dried and make powder in small batches. Our turmeric is not oil extracted.
- This is 100 % free from any kind of pesticides, additives or preservatives.
- This product is ethically sourced through farmer’s groups in the Lakadong village.
- A premium quality spice from the house of LAW of spices. LAW India is an ethical and sustainable brand that promotes only organic and pesticide free DESI spices. We are selling pesticide free, chemical free, Non- GMO, Non-ETO, Vegan, Non-irradiated & Gluten free spices whole/powders under our brand.
- NB: We also introduced economy pouches of the same product (From 500 gm to 10 kg and save your money considerably. The product would be packed in plain aluminium coated paper pouches. If you are still looking for customised orders, please email to [email protected]
How to store homestead spices whole and powders
As all our whole spices and spice powders are free of any kind of preservatives chances are there for them to catch white patches or fungus if exposed to even a little bit of moisture. Here are some tips to store them fresh longer.
- Always keep the products in an airtight jar away from moisture.
- You can transfer a little from the pack to a small airtight jar and can keep the rest in refrigerator.
- You can transfer the product into a clean paper or (muram) in direct sunlight for half an hour and put them back in container.
- Buy according to your usage. There are products available in 50g, 100g and 500g packs.
- Sautee the spices in a pan on low flame just before putting them to curry so as to get nice aroma
For those who want to know more about our farming community and their lifestyle, we would be happy to arrange farm tour. They can visit our farmers across India, learn traditional farming techniques, work in farms and stay with them as part of farm tour. To know more, e-mail to us at [email protected]
Lakadong turmeric powder – world’s best turmeric powder introducing the world’s most exotic lakadong turmeric (curcuma longa), in its purest form, all the way from jaintia hills, meghalaya. The looms & weaves family are proud to have caught hold of the wondrous rhizome, also known for its high curcumin content, that renders the medicinal, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties to the spice. The curcumin content is about 7.94% in lakadong variety, as compared to 2-6% in the conventional variety that is available in the world market. Every bit of the turmeric, lends a helping hand to the upliftment of the poor gatekeepers of the medicinal spice, residing in the far east.