- Glass Jar contents: Premium & Limited edition Single Origin Asafoetida Whole– 100 gm (Ingredients: Devil’s dung/Ferule Asafoetida/Stinkendes steckenkraut/Tyib/Hing)
- Asafoetida (Hing/Heeng) spice has a very important position in Indian cuisine and it has been an essential part of our food traditions. The highly pungent spice adds a peculiar flavour and aroma to Indian food.
- This premium quality handpicked raw asafetida gum is sourced from Afghanistan and processed and packed in India.
- Storage instructions: Store unopened jar at room temperature out of direct sunlight. After opening close the jar tightly and keep it in a cool dry place
- A premium quality, limited edition & specially packed gifting product from ‘LAW of Spices’ division of LAW India
Asafoetida, often known as asafetida (Ferula assafoetida) has a strong natural smell. The oleo-gum resin is extracted from the plant’s rhizome and root, which are usually gathered & dried inside an earthen pot. The powdered material is used to flavour meals & it’s available in powder or crystal form. The shoots and roots sap is dried and grounded to make an onion-flavored powder that is commonly used in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisines.
It lends a unique flavour to every dish from veggies, pulses, lentils; pickles and soups/rasam are all made using it. When dropped into hot oil, it has a smooth and strong flavour. Due to its particular freshness in taste and texture, asafoetida (Hing) is an indispensable component in Indian cooking culture. Hing is well-known for its distinct flavour and scent, as well as its carminative, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and diuretic properties in traditional Ayurvedic medicine.