- Small Seeds but Big Benefits: The red, squashy, juicy fruit was least remembered for its seeds, but now the world has recognized its magical nutrient benefits. The tiny seeds are super-nutritious and healthy. Watermelon is an amazing hydrating fruit as it contains 92 percent of water and is enriched with minerals and vitamins. Its seeds are super-rich in various nutrients.
- Nutritional Value: Watermelon seeds are low in calories. A handful of seeds weights about 4 grams contains only 23 calories. Being rich in magnesium, watermelon seeds promote healthy metabolism of the body. It’s also a rich source of Zinc, Iron & Good Fats.
- Ways to Eat: You can have watermelon seeds raw, sprouted, and roasted. In any form, these seeds are so crunchy, tasty and healthy. Once sprouted, they are considered most nutritious.
- Health Benefits:As they are full of nutrients like proteins, essential fatty acids, magnesium, zinc; it helps to provide surprising benefits to our body. The protein found in Watermelon seeds are a plentiful source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. The sprouted watermelon seeds help to cleanse your skin as it is full of vitamin C, antioxidants, etc. Manganese in these seeds helps to prevent hair fall and damage. It helps in strengthening your hair and promotes hair growth.
- Watermelon Seeds for Weight Management:Watermelon seeds are a great alternative to unhealthy, fatty, and sugary snacks such as chips and cookies. They may aid weight loss as it contains a lot of fiber, which can help in achieving a sense of fullness without consuming large amounts. They are low in calories; approximately one handful of watermelon seeds is only around 23 calories.While watermelon seeds do contain fats, the fatty acids are unsaturated and considered the “good fats” with numerous health benefits.