- Travancore Nutmeg ground is made from the finest quality of nutmeg whole disshelved, sourced from an organic certified farmer at Moolankavu village of Sulthan Bathery at Wayanad, in Kerala with authentic source certification details. Product is handpicked, powder made in small batches and hygienically packed as per stringent quality standards.
- 100% natural and organically grown local variety. No hybrid variety is sourced. No preservatives, additives or flavours added.
- Nutmeg is known as Jaiphal in Hindi, Jajikayi in Telugu, Jaadhikai in Tamil, Jathikka in Malayalam, and Jeerake in Kannada. Nutmeg is a wonderful source of magnesium that helps to treat insomnia and restlessness at night.
- Nutmeg is a good component for skincare because of its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in detoxifying the body, clearing out toxins from the liver and kidneys.
- Nutmeg is also good for digestive issues such as constipation, gas trouble etc. It is helpful for dental care. It is used in puddings, cookies and spice cakes etc.
- A premium quality spice whole from the house of LAW of spices. LAW India is an ethical and sustainable brand that promotes only organic and pesticide free DESI spices. We are selling pesticide free, chemical free, Non- GMO, Non-ETO, Vegan, Non-irradiated & Gluten free spices whole/powders under our brand.
- NB: We also introduced economy pouches of the same product (From 500 gm to 10 kg and save your money considerably. The product would be packed in plain aluminium coated paper pouches. If you are still looking for customised orders, please email to [email protected]
How to store homestead spices whole and powders:
As all our whole spices and spice powders are free of any kind of preservatives chances are there for them to catch white patches or fungus if exposed to even a little bit of moisture. Here are some tips to store them fresh longer.
- Always keep the products in an airtight jar away from moisture.
- You can transfer a little from the pack to a small airtight jar and can keep the rest in refrigerator.
- You can transfer the product into a clean paper or (muram) in direct sunlight for half an hour and put them back in container.
- Buy according to your usage. There are products available in 50g, 100g and 500g packs.
- Sautee the spices in a pan on low flame just before putting them to curry so as to get nice aroma
For those who want to know more about our farming community and their lifestyle, we would be happy to arrange farm tour. They can visit our farmers across India, learn traditional farming techniques, work in farms and stay with them as part of farm tour. To know more, e-mail to us at [email protected]
Nutmeg is an aromatic spice, cultivated from the nutmeg tree is native to moluccas (Indonesia). Now it is grown in India, sri lanka, indonesia, granada, china, malaysia, zanzibar, mauritius, and solomon island. Nutmeg is known as jaiphal in hindi, jajikayi in telugu, jaadhikai in tamil, jathikka in malayalam, and jeerake in kannada. Nutmeg help treat leukemia, and it is a wonderful source of magnesium that helps to treat insomnia and restlessness at night.
Homestead Spices from Western Ghats
Homestead Spices from God’s own country – Kerala – LAW India proudly introduces “HOMESTEAD SPICES” collected from the fair trade and organic farmers of hilly areas of Western Ghats that have already set a unique geographical advantage of producing the world’s best quality spices for centuries. The main products under this category are Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Dried raw ginger, dried raw turmeric, Turmeric powder, Brindle berry, Wild honey etc. It can be ensured that each and every product in this category is free from any kind of chemical contamination or pesticides, though they are not officially certified organic products. All of these products are strictly grown for domestic use and not for any commercial purpose, where only the surplus is collected and traditionally processed from collection to drying to packing. We promise you the same legacy of god’s own country through our best quality homestead spices.