- Sourced from an organic and fair trade certified farmer in Wayanad, Kerala with authentic source certification in every batch.
- Sourcing only local, Non-GMO variety of turmeric root only. No hybrid variety is sourced.
- No fertilizer is used to grow turmeric. Only cow dung and groundnut cake is used by our farmers. Handpicked turmeric root is washed three to four times, then slice into pieces. Sun-dry it, make powder and in small batches
- 0% pesticide, insecticide, fungicide, preservatives etc added on our turmeric root to get longer shelf life.
- Essential ingredient in most of the immunity boosters. Best for turmeric latte and ginger coffee powder. Fresh turmeric is used in spices and masalas for gravies, curries etc.
- A premium quality spice whole from the house of LAW of spices. LAW India is an ethical and sustainable brand that promotes only organic and pesticide free DESI spices. We are selling pesticide free, chemical free, Non- GMO, Non-ETO, Vegan, Non-irradiated & Gluten free spices whole/powders under our brand.
- NB: We also introduced economy pouches of the same product (From 500 gm to 10 kg and save your money considerably. The product would be packed in plain aluminium coated paper pouches. If you are still looking for customised orders, please email to [email protected]
How to store homestead spices whole and powders
As all our whole spices and spice powders are free of any kind of preservatives chances are there for them to catch white patches or fungus if exposed to even a little bit of moisture. Here are some tips to store them fresh longer.
- Always keep the products in an airtight jar away from moisture.
- You can transfer a little from the pack to a small airtight jar and can keep the rest in refrigerator.
- You can transfer the product into a clean paper or (muram) in direct sunlight for half an hour and put them back in container.
- Buy according to your usage. There are products available in 50g, 100g and 500g packs.
- Sautee the spices in a pan on low flame just before putting them to curry so as to get nice aroma
For those who want to know more about our farming community and their lifestyle, we would be happy to arrange farm tour. They can visit our farmers across India, learn traditional farming techniques, work in farms and stay with them as part of farm tour. To know more, e-mail to us at [email protected]
The turmeric powder is made from the dried root of the curcuma longa plant, that grows in India and several other southeast asian countries. It has antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties which makes it the most powerful herb on the planet. It is a rich source of healthy nutrients such as protein, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin c, vitamin e, vitamin k, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc. It is a spice with multiple uses as it is used as food stuff, cosmetic and medicine. Turmeric is widely used as spice as well as colouring agent in food products. Because of the medicinal properties of this ‘Indian saffron’ it has been used as the most dependable natural beauty ingredient in ayurveda for generations. Turmeric is the perfect natural remedy for uneven skin tone and helps you to restore the natural glow. It helps to treat skin pigmentation as it has bleaching properties. It’s anti-bacterial properties helps to cure acne and redness. It prevents wrinkles and help soothe burns. It also helps to reduce the growth of facial and body hair growth. There are many ways that turmeric powder can be used to treat various skin problems. Mix turmeric powder with lemon juice to treat skin pigmentation. To get rid of stretch marks use the mixture of turmeric powder, saffron and lime juice. To remove sun tan use the mixture of turmeric powder, lemon juice and raw milk. Mix turmeric powder with coconut oil and apply it on cracked feet or dry skin. Mix one table spoon of turmeric powder with a table spoon of water and apple cider vinegar or rose water to make the turmeric scrub, that removes dead skin cells. Mix a pinch of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of besan or gram flour and use this paste to remove scars mix equal quantities of castor oil and coconut oil and add a pinch of turmeric powder and use this paste to heal cracked feet.